- Guides working directly with youth
- Executive Council members
- Prayer team
- Fundraising team
- Communications team
- Summer Camps
- And a variety of other teams to use and hone your skills
All volunteers working directly with youth must undergo a background check and undergo some additional training. Those volunteers that feel led to mentor youth on outings should prayerfully consider becoming a Guide candidate and undergoing an evaluation and training process. Details on that are available from local Outfitter or State Director.
Staff & Guide Safety TrainingThese are the minimum Safety Training/Certification for all Outfitters, Guides and volunteers working directly with youth on overnight outings.
- Complete background check (This is required for all volunteers working with youth)
- Complete Safe Camps certification
- Complete Level I First Aid/CPR Certification
- Complete Hunters Education certification
- In order to lead your own outings, you must complete outing training (volunteer on several weekend outings, then complete one on your own under the supervision of a State Director)
- State Directors may have specific certification requirements for their state
- NRA Range Safety Officer certification or NRA Firearm Safety Certification. Any military firearms certification would be considered equivalent
- IHEA Certification (Hunter Ed Instructor Certification)
- BAI or BAIT (Basic Archery Instructor) certification— Any Level of USAA Archery certification would be considered equivalent
- Boat-Ed or BOATER exam Certifications. Any valid Safety Certifications by United States Coast Guard Auxiliary or United States Power Squadron
- U.S. Basic Trapper Education Course
- Seeking God’s guidance through regular prayer, studying God’s word, and spiritual disciplines through the use of individual and communal prayer, Scripture, worship, fasting, etc.
- Seeking spiritual mentors.
- Gathering for fellowship to build the CTO team.
- Establishing church relationships through regular worship and positive ministry relationships with local congregations.